RotoFlex VLI Operator
Description/Duty Summary (Afternoons)
The VLI Operator, under the direction of the Production Supervisor, will primarily be responsible to ensure compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery. This position will ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency. This role will also ensure outputs meet production schedules, safety and quality standards, as well as any customer needs.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency running various products on a Rewinding/slitting and inspection machine.
- Ensure outputs meet production schedules, safety and quality standards, as well as customer needs
- Detect equipment malfunctions and adjust machine, controls, or control media within capabilities as required to ensure quality of production
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times.
- Follow manufacturing and processing procedures, set machine or equipment controls, carry out production and inspection processes as documented.
- Mark, record, and report defective/ Non-conforming product.
- Perform Daily, weekly and monthly (scheduled) maintenance and safety checks. Fill out required Maintenance log.
- Maintain a clean working area free from dirt and debris between tasks and at end of day. Following 5S protocols.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity, product quality, and safety.
- Setup the machine for various products. Setup includes the Slitting apparatus when needed. The 100% vision inspection system for various products.
- Excellent computer skills especially in the Microsoft platform (Word, Excel etc.)
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills and able to read and understand production ticket information.
- Able to fill out all electronic run logs and EDCS (Automated data collection programs).
- Closely monitor machines for signs of problems while ensuring output is meeting set specifications
- Communicate with Supervisor, Lead Hand, Quality Assurance, as needed for any issue that arises during production.
What You Bring:
- Critical Thinking
- Strong Communication
- Able to stand for long periods of time in 1 area
- Attention to detail
- A safety-first attitude
- Able to work in a team setting and individually
- Able to work quickly and meet deadlines
- Equipment operation experience will be an asset.
You may be required to pass manual dexterity and basic skills tests at the time of hire to qualify for a position. You will also need the ability to obtain Controlled Goods Certification.
Please email your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org