Please note: SIX MONTHS OF TRAINING DURING DAY SHIFT PRIOR TO MOVING TO MIDNIGHTS
Operation of a Delta converting machine in manufacturing high quality label and specialized converted products. Eventually an experienced operator will contribute expertise to the development of new and innovative products encompassing a wide range of different materials.
- Perform job order review to ensure job requirements are known and understood.
- Set up/adjust press for job runs to meet specifications.
- Monitor product quality during production runs. Check product quality against drawing and established quality standards. Take action to correct any problems.
- Trouble shoot and correct most press operating problems.
- Perform routine press maintenance, upkeep and cleaning.
- Complete accurately all related job paperwork.
- Maintain acceptable productivity standards while minimizing raw material waste.
- Assist R&D and Production teams in researching and developing new applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to understand and apply detailed instructions, completing detailed work precisely.
- Shop math skills including fractions, percentages and precise measurements.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance and quality standards.
- Ability to meet physical demands of job including the ability to stand for extended periods of time; use of hands/dexterity; stoop, kneel, lift, carry, push and pull. Close and distant vision, accurate color perception, and peripheral vision are critical.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow safety standards.
- Good record of job performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Proven interpersonal, communications and listening skills.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities and change.
- Computer literate.
- Familiar with basic hand tools and inspection equipment such as calipers both dial and digital.
- Good problem solver.
- Knowledge of paper stocks, inks and related materials/techniques used in the printing industry
- Experience in the flexographic printing environment.an asset