Label Innovation Inc. (LINC) is a custom label manufacturer and converter of specialty components, tapes and labels. Based in Ottawa, the company uses flexographic print technology to produce conventional pressure sensitive based products and to convert raw materials, such as foam, rubber, plastics and other materials into unique specialty products to meet our customer’s specified requirements. For over three decades, we have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality products and maintaining excellent customer service.
Bindery and Equipment Operator (VLI)
Label Innovation Inc has an opening for a permanent, full-time, Bindery and Equipment Operator.
The Bindery and Equipment Operator (VLI), under the direction of the Production Supervisor, will primarily be responsible to ensure compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
We are looking for mechanically-inclined candidates who are interested in being trained by LINC to develop a career in the manufacturing industry.
Who You Are
- Mechanically inclined and eager to learn
- Detailed oriented / problem solver
- Good communicator (verbal and written skills)
- Safety-first attitude
- Team player with good time management skills
- Ethical worker
- Experience operating machinery (bindery and finishing equipment is an asset)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and generally comfortable with technology
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in one area
- Ability to obtain Controlled Goods Certification
- Ensuring high standards of workmanship and efficiency running various products on a Rewinding/slitting and inspection machine
- Ensuring outputs meet production schedules, safety and quality standards, as well as customer needs
- Detecting equipment malfunctions and adjusting machine, controls, or control media within capabilities as required to ensure quality of production
- Ensuring proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Following manufacturing and processing procedures, setting machine or equipment controls, carrying out production and inspection processes as documented
- Marking, recording, and reporting defective/ non-conforming product
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly (scheduled) maintenance and safety checks, as well as filling out required Maintenance log
- Maintaining a clean working area free from dirt and debris between tasks and at end of day
- Resolving work problems and recommending measures to improve productivity, product quality, and safety
- Setting up the machine for various products; setup includes the Slitting apparatus when needed. The 100% vision inspection system for various products
- Communicating with Supervisor, Lead Hand, Quality Assurance, as needed for any issue that arises during production
What LINC Provides
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group benefits
- Paid Time off
- Training opportunities / Tuition refund
- The opportunity to learn and develop professionally with a diverse team in an inclusive organization where everyone can succeed based on merit
- Open corporate culture anchored on creativity, integrity, respect and ownership
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We Partner, We Innovate, We Deliver – with Passion. That is Our Mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome and encourage all applications. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.