The Rewind Operator runs and maintains the rewind equipment which processes large printed rolls into smaller finished rolls as per the requirements of the internal ticket. Reports To: Production Supervisor
Hours of Work: Day Shift, 8:00am – 4:30pm (Monday – Friday)
- Rewinder/inspection operation for label and medical components.
- Perform various steps in the converting process (i.e. pre converting preparation, die cutting and finishing.)
- Perform job order review to ensure job requirements are known and understood.
- Monitor product quality during rewind runs. Check product quality against drawing and established quality standards. Take action to correct any problems.
- Perform routine rewinder maintenance, upkeep and cleaning.
- Complete accurately all related job paperwork.
- Maintain acceptable productivity standards while minimizing waste.
- Maintaining the highest level of production quality while operating in a clean environment.
- Fully utilize equipment features including vision system, die stations, slice tables etc.
- Quality Orientation
- Team Work
- High Energy
- Time Management
- Manage Stress effectively
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or technical diploma or equivalent production/machine operator experience (12 months)
- Experience working in a fast paced team environment
- Mechanical aptitude – equipment set up and operation
- Shop math skills including fractions, percentages and precise measurements.
- Understand and apply detailed instructions, completing detailed work precisely.
- Meet or exceed performance and quality standards.
- Meet physical demands of job including the ability to stand for extended periods of time; use of hands/dexterity; stoop, kneel, lift, carry, push and pull.
- Close and distant vision, accurate color perception, and peripheral vision are critical.
- Understand and follow safety standards.
- Demonstrated record of job performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and listening skills.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities and change.
- Computer literate.
Label Innovation Offers
- Dynamic, growth oriented company
- State of the art production facility
- Ongoing training
- Competitive compensation package