Reports To: Quality Manager
Hours of Work: Day Shift
The Quality Assurance Specialist performs a variety of Quality and production efficiency related functions ranging from developing procedures, product sampling and testing to various forms of record keeping. In addition to providing support and resolving quality related issues, the Quality Assurance Specialist has a key role in promoting continuous improvement.
- Responsible for performing physical and visual inspections of both the in-process and finished product.
- Oversee process control system throughout the operation.
- Enter, maintain and analyze data in the quality data systems.
- Incoming material testing and final release
- Data Analysis (Validation of equipment and process)
- Identify and resolve quality non-conformances.
- Train personnel on quality/process control techniques.
- Participation in the Audit Program
- Update Quality Management System manuals.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Quality Orientation
- Detail Oriented
- Team Work
- High Energy
- Time Management
- Manage Stress effectively
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Three years experience in Quality Control/Manufacturing Management or a minimum of a University degree/College diploma in a technical discipline
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Quality Technician (CQT) certification desirable. (Other ASQ certifications are helpful such as Quality Inspector, Quality Auditor, Quality Process Analyst, Six Sigma Green Belt, or Quality Improvement Associate.
- Ability to achieve planned results by utilizing organization and prioritization skills and working within a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to read and understand Standard Operating Procedures.
- Comfortable working with and analyzing numerical data and managing multiple tasks.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a willingness to engage in problem solving.
- Ability to use various measuring devices
- Effective oral and written communication skills as they relate to Quality and technical information