Label Innovation (LINC) is an Ottawa based company using flexographic print technology to produce conventional pressure sensitive based products and state of the art web converting systems to convert raw materials such as foam, rubber and plastics into unique specialty products meeting customer-specified requirements. We have built a solid reputation over the past 30 years for delivering a high quality product and maintaining excellent customer service.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is accountable for daily production at the LINC facility through organization, direction, coordination and effective deployment of resources to meet production targets and quality standards.
Responsibilities will include the general allocation of production activities and responsibilities on the production floor as well as day to day reallocation to address production priorities. Responsibilities also include providing direction, training of staff in production improvements, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of production and health and safety issues.
- Work in concert with Production Scheduler to establish the daily production requirements.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the shop floor, including shipping and receiving, production equipment maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly, annual maintenance, as required).
- Ensure that tickets (work orders) are completed on time, including re-wind, and processing for shipping.
- Maintain a safe, clean and legally compliant workplace.
- Health and Safety compliance.
- Maintain product quality, work with QA team to resolve material or production issues.
- Address concerns and resolve personnel and production problems.
- Initiate disciplinary measures in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare production and other reports, i.e. weekly back log report, daily Mitrefinch (attendance) anomalies and, employee annual reviews.
- Support implementation of new and improved production processes.
- Post secondary degree, Diploma from a Technical School or equivalent production experience
- Effective communication skills in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage employees
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to create logically ordered objectives
- Mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, and Word
- Basic mathematical skills
- Stay informed and up to date with changes in technology, and workplace compliance requirements
- Green Belt Training, or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Communication skills
- Quality Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Planning and Organizing
- Result Focus
- Time Management
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Problem Solving
- High Energy
While we appreciate the interest of all who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.