Reports To: Production Supervisor. Hours of Work: Afternoon Shift, 2:30pm – 1:00am (Monday – Thursday). The Press Helper position is a means of increasing production efficiency:
- Contribute to measurably increased press efficiency primarily by facilitating increased press run times.
- Working closely with and in support of the Press Operators.
- Wide ranging set of tasks involving materials, tools, changeovers, cleaning and roll handling.
The Following General Day to Day Activities Are In Support of Responsibilities Above:
- Ticket reading and product requirement understanding
- Materials – stock requests and returns
- JMS recording and lookups – entering JMS stock usage
- Data input and tracking – computer/keyboard, run logs, job paperwork, Verification sheets
- Material preparations – bring stock to press, prep rolls, remove waste rolls, garbage, pallets
- Cleaning anilox, plates,
- Cleaning other selected press and surrounding area cleaning
- Gather Make Ready information
- Finish roll handling – label rolls, cores, boxes, bags, etc
- Coordinate helpers for hand packing jobs and provide support
- Work together with the Press Operator as well as perform independent duties
- Other duties as assigned
Summary of Qualifications:
The “ideal” successful candidate will have some combination of the following list of qualifications. With the exception of a “can do” attitude, no single qualification is essential.
- Post-secondary degree or technical diploma or equivalent production/machine operator experience (12 months)
- Experience working in a fast paced team environment
- Mechanical aptitude – equipment set up and operation (skill level permitting)
- Shop math skills including fractions, percentages and precise measurements.
- Understand and apply detailed instructions, completing detailed work precisely.
- Meet or exceed performance and quality standards.
- Meet physical demands of job including the ability to stand for extended periods of time; use of hands/dexterity; stoop, kneel, lift, carry, push and pull.
- Adhere to safety standards.
- Demonstrated record of job performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and listening skills.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities and change.
- Computer literacy
- A positive professional “can do” attitude
- Understanding of the basics of flexography
- Come up to speed quickly on changeovers and the computer system.
Label Innovation Offers
- Dynamic, growth oriented company
- State of the art production facility
- Ongoing training
- Competitive compensation package
While we appreciate the interest of all who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.